Tuesday, July 20, 2010

National Magazine Co.

Today was one of those days I really needed. After waking up at 6 a.m. with a black eye/sty from my lack of sleep somehow, I did not have high expectations for the day. I completely passed out on the bus ride into London for our class trip and woke up at the National Magazine Company building. There we were greeted by Terry Mansfield, one of the head guys of the company. He then introduced us to the Editor of Company magazine, a chic magazine only sold in the U.K. She was a very fashionable young woman who inspired me to be as successful as she is. It was weird to open up the latest issue of the magazine to the “Letter from the Editor” and be sitting directly next to her. Just when I could not be more pleasantly surprised with the day, we were taken into Cosmopolitan office and shown around by the Editor. The environment was a little like The Devil Wears Prada, but way less intimidating. The girls were still so glamorous and the overall mood seemed pretty laid back. It honestly made me have serious second thoughts on whether or not I am pursuing the right career. I could totally see myself behind one of those desks, designing magazine pages or blogging for their website. Afterwards, we went to this awesome Asian tapas restaurant called Ping Pong. The food was amazing and I really enjoyed talking with the other girls in the Grady School. I came back, figured out how we were getting to Amsterdam this weekend, had dinner with the guys, and headed to the library to work on my 10 page paper due tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment