Monday, July 5, 2010

Across the Pond


As my mom drove me to Dulles airport, I realized I probably should have figured out before I got in the car how I was getting to Oxford upon arrival at London Heathrow airport. I think this may have freaked her out a little. I made the trip across the pond all by myself and somehow found the bus line that would take me to Oxford. Once I got to Oxford, I hopped in what I thought was the passenger seat of the taxi. The man laughed as I soon realized I was in the drivers seat...a little delirious. This was only the beginning of my sleep deprivation on this trip. I ran into Ryan and Kennan on the street and for a second felt like I was in Athens. The first night, we all sat in the boys' room at Trinity College with our wine. I may or may not have accidently made a few international drunk dials...oops, sorry Mom. After realizing everything was closed early on Sunday night (4th of July), Steph and I headed back to our room, finally unlocked our door, and called it a night. We were anxious, to say the least, to see what we had in store for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment