Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Reaching the Finish Line

Last night, I ended up staying up until 4:30 a.m. to finish my Communications paper. I think I have gone to bed more when it is light out then when it is still dark. Anyways, I chose to write about new media technologies and how they are influencing the world of journalism and naturally, enjoyed researching the topic. It felt really good to cross it off my list once I had finished. This morning, we watched the HBO documentary film, ‘To Die in Jerusalem’. It featured the mother of a 16-year-old Israeli girl who was the victim of a Palestinian suicide bombing. The bomber was just a teenager herself. I’ll be honest and say that I do not know nearly as much as I should about Israeli-Palestinian conflict. We’ve discussed it some in class but it was not until we watched this documentary that I really got a better picture of what is going on. The film brought tears to my eyes and I could not get over the fact that this is going on in our world today. I could actually empathize with both mothers of the girls, but can see that it will be a long time before Israel and Palestine will make peace. The film ended with no sign of hope or resolution between the two. It made me feel so fortunate for where I live. I have read articles in the news about continued riots in Israel and Palestine and it makes me sad. This afternoon, I came to the Radcliffe Camera to work on my history paper due tomorrow. I just keep telling myself that I will be in Paris tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment